(Revised Jan 2020)
- We are committed to the positive, supportive and low-key resolution of concerns and complaints.
- We will follow current employment legislation and best practice for employers, in addition to the requirements of individual employment agreements.
- A complaint can be made to any Event manager or a Director of Rockquest Promotions Ltd
- The complaint does not have to be in writing, however, an RQP Incident form may be used. (This is recommended.)
- The complaint will be handled fairly and based on the principles of natural justice. Natural justice means the right to be given a fair hearing and the opportunity to present your case, and the right to have a decision made by an impartial decision-maker.
- There will be no victimisation as a result of making a complaint or supplying information to an investigation or other person with a role in this procedure.
- The complaint will be handled confidentially. The person managing the complaint will be independent and impartial of the complaint and any other parties involved. This may be Event manager or Director of Rockquest Promotions Ltd or a person appointed from outside Rockquest Promotions Ltd.
- All parties to a complaint have the option of nominating a support person to be present.
- The complaint will be dealt with as a matter of priority following these steps:
- The person managing the complaint will discuss the issue with the complainant within 24 hours of the complaint being made.
- The person being complained about will be informed of the allegations against them. They will be given an opportunity to respond to the allegations.
- Statements from witnesses and any other relevant evidence will be collected.
- This part of the complaint process will be completed within 7 working days.
- A report documenting the investigation process, the evidence, findings and recommendations will be prepared and submitted to the appropriate decision-maker.
- The Event manager or a Director of Rockquest Promotions Ltd will decide what action will be taken, depending on the outcome of the investigation and any other relevant factors.
- Parties to the complaint will be advised about any action to be taken in relation to them. If the outcome is not acceptable to the parties, an appeal can be made within 5 working days to a Director of Rockquest Promotions Ltd to review the complaint and outcome.
- The Event Manager or Director of Rockquest Promotions Ltd will implement the recommended actions.
- A Director of Rockquest Promotions Ltd will monitor the outcomes of complaints and take appropriate action to prevent further complaints arising.
- A complaint can also be concurrently, or if the complainant isn’t satisfied with the resolution, subsequently lodged with an external agency. There is a three-month time limit unless there is a good reason for any delay. External agencies can be located and contacted via www.complaintline.org.nz